And because I know you readers are dying to know...

My winter vacation in Thailand was...amazing?

No, it truly was fun, exciting, and adventurous but it was also frustrating and bizarre.

The word 'thai' in Thai means free. So literally Thailand translates as 'land of the free.'

Unfortunately I could only spend one week in Thailand, and one week in Thailand does not give the culture justice at all but my initial observations showed me that the Thai people aren't so free at all...

Most of my interactions however, were with a lower class of Thai people...they were selling cheap goods on the street or trying to scam every tourist in sight. But I think in Thailand, just like any other country the proper slogan should be 'If you have money, then call this 'the land of the free.'' Money truly gives a person opportunities they would never have if they were poor.

But, for now, enough reflection...enjoy these images. :)

 Enormous Reclining Buddha entirely made of gold.
 Riding a tuk-tuk around Bangkok, best mode of transportation ever!
And my favorite part of the trip...Krabi province!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment