The 23rd Year


I turned 23 on the 21st.

This year, my birthday was so special.

The other art teacher told one of her classes (Art II, who were the Art I kids from last year; I had them during student teaching) and my current Art I kids that it was my birthday. The Art II kids decided to throw me a little surprise party complete with flowers, food, AND my supervising teacher from last year. It was such a treat to get to visit with her again. She had decided to leave teaching to try and make a living as a professional artist. All in all it is going well for her. Of course things could be better; with the economy sinking, some of her jobs were canceled or just postponed. Her and I have some similar philosophies on life, so it was wonderful to be able to share ideas and experiences again.

THEN, my Art Survey kids surprised me with a hand-made birthday hat and card.

All day long people were wishing me happy birthday. I felt so special.

The evening consisted of Yellowfin dinner (my favorite sushi place in town) and dessert at Strawberry Fields (a really awesome health foods grocery store).

The 22nd year was full of excitement with graduating college and starting my very first teaching job. I am sure that my 23rd year will be even more exciting with pursuing my art at a professional level and possibly teaching abroad :0!!

1 comment:

Jacob said...

thanks for mentioning your yearbook class jerk...

Post a Comment