Christmas Cards


Over the holidays, I took pictures for two families Christmas cards. One family was my aunt, uncle and two little cousins. They wanted to recreate a scene from the movie Elf...and it went so well. I absolutely loved setting up a scene and having a 'real' photo shoot.

Taking pictures of little ones is not an easy task. Sometimes they don't want to participate so you have to bribe them; other times you have to pause all shooting because one of them is puking.

This shoot was quite the experience but it really didn't take long to get the perfect shot.

With the other family, I just let the kids play and followed them around and took pictures. It was challenging because I couldn't choose the background and situations. So, my challenge for the next time I shoot kids in their home: I definitely need at least two hours, and I have to come up with some creative ways to frame shots and capture kids playing. Shallow depth of field is one...what's another?

No comments:

Post a Comment